I sat down to be intentional about being thankful. I’ve noticed that when I purpose to live a life of thankfulness…I am MUCH happier. Life is brighter. The things that weight me down are lighter. I found myself wishing it was November a few days ago so I could spend a month of thankfulness status updates. What the HECK? Why do I have to follow the rules? I think now is just as good of a time as November to up the thankful quotient in my life. Why not? I recognize a need for it. I know it makes a difference. It’s better than drugs and alcohol…well…mostly…except for that yummy adult beverage at Blue Goose! 😉 BUT…I can only enjoy those in moderation, so I should probably stick with the thing that lifts my spirits that I can’t over indulge in. Besides…it’s free and I can do it anywhere…anytime of the day or night.
I actually just realized it is Friday…so I’m about to break another “rule” in order to be thankful on my blog. I missed Thankful Thursday hanging out in self-pity yesterday. I had things to be thankful for yesterday but instead I chose to look at life from a perspective that sent my emotions into a tail spin instead of thru the eyes of the many things God is doing in my life. I chose to look at the negatives and the things I miss instead of positives and what HE is doing TODAY. I chose to look back and wish my past joys into my present circumstances. Funny how those things that once brought you joy can bring you down if you long for them in a place where you would be better off to look for PRESENT joy. I love all the of memories and circumstances in my life that have brought me joy and happiness. They are a part of me. They helped make me who I am today. I will always cherish them. I will always look back on them with joy in my heart…if I keep the right perspective.
So…I’m going to do today what would have made yesterday a much better day…I’m going to share the things I am thankful for today…from yesterday. Call it repentance. Call it making up for lost time. Call it whatever you want. Sometimes you just need a do over and sometimes God gives you that chance.
Yesterday I had a whole list of things to be thankful for…
- Mason got to go home from the hospital and was made completely well by a mighty, loving God (Yesterday I declared he turned the corner and that post disappeared…I think God gave me a chance to declare something greater…COMPLETE healing…that IS what I asked Him for…that IS what I am believing Him for!)
- I got to eat lunch with one of my best peeps that I don’t get to spend nearly enough time with these days. I got to listen to her share the things God has been doing in her life. That is cause for celebration on any level.
- I watched as God turned a mistake into a blessing and a revelation after I crunched the side mirror on my handsome fella’s car. God can turn anything around if we are paying attention. Laughing so hard you are in tears with your fella IS a blessing!
- I saved $$$…and am thankful I had the money to spend in the first place…and now I have future blessings waiting in my phone to be redeemed. 🙂
- My youngest got to use her leadership skills to lead a group of peers in a fitness class she and her friends thought up…it was great to see the excitement in her eyes and her voice.
- My oldest came home safely from an outing with her friend…she was thankful for the freedom!
Today I am thankful because…
- The handsome fella and the two beautiful girls will be spending time together at a Father/Daughter dinner and dance…I will get some pictures and they will create lasting memories with their dad.
- The handsome fella did the dishes and my washing machine works
- I have hit a milestone on this blog and my 500th post is a highlight of things I am thankful for. 🙂
- It’s only 9:30am and I have a whole day to look for more revelation and more blessings!
What are YOU thankful for today? Give it a try!